Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I do if they say Trump is just a good businessman and isn’t crooked? Donald Trump and his children have business entanglements around the world and are now using their newly-found political power to push business deals across the finish line.
- What do I do if they say Jeff Session is a good choice for Attorney General? Sessions has a history of racism, including being denied a federal judgeship by a Republican Senate, under Reagan. See here.
- What do I do when Trump says he’ll drain the swamp? Trump’s advisers are Washington insiders and his transition team (until recently) was stacked with well-known lobbyists.
- What do I do when my family denies climate change? One, say that 97% of scientists agree that climate change is real. Two, point out that President Obama has put forth some of the world’s most comprehensive energy policies, including the Clean Power Plan. Donald Trump’s policies will Make America Gray Again.
- What do I do if my drunk uncle, who voted for Trump, keeps saying Obamacare sucks at Thanksgiving? Tell him 20 million more Americans now have healthcare and Medicaid has expanded in 33 states. And Republicans in Congress and Trump has no real plan to replace the Affordable Care Act. They would just leave 22 million more Americans uninsured after 2017.
- What do I do when Melania Trump “recites” my college essay as her next speech? Pleasantly remind people that plagiarism is a crime.