Latinos, in Texas and across the country, are becoming an increasingly powerful force in elections. Despite these growing numbers, Republican presidential candidates continue to support policies that are harmful to Latino voters and the families they represent.
Quick Facts: Latinos in Texas
- 746,000 individuals are DAPA and DACA eligible in the state of Texas. This is 51% of all of the unauthorized immigrants in the state. TWEET
- Moving forward with the implementation of DAPA and expanded DACA would result in an estimated 4,800 jobs created annually in Texas. TWEET
For a full snapshot of the GOP candidate’s harmful immigration policies and actions, see the chart below.
Quick Facts: Latinos as Voters
- This year there will be an estimated 58.1 million Latinos in the United States. TWEET
- Latinos over the age of 18 will comprise 16 percent of the U.S. adult population in 2016. TWEET
- Latinos this year will make up 13 percent of all eligible voters in 2016. TWEET
- 93% of Latino children are U.S –born citizens and will be eligible to vote when they reach 18. TWEET
- This year, 1.5 million Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents (DAPA)-affected individuals will be eligible to vote. TWEET